For people looking for help with drug and alcohol addiction, our specialized and unique recovery programs are available. This include men and women programs only along with customized plans our medical professional will do up just for you.
4 Models of Treatment Therapies
Addiction Treatment therapies generally fall into four categories:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This helps a patient increase their levels of self-awareness surrounding the addiction. A patient that learns the relationship between their thoughts and behaviors can learn ways to replace damaging thoughts and behaviors with positive, healthy ones.
- Motivational Interviewing: This will lead the patient to identify their own personal reasons for wanting to recover. This type of therapy helps those with ambivalence and cynicism towards resolving these feelings through a recovery program.
- Family Therapy: This will help restore and reboot the patient’s relationship with their own family members, and how they communicate with one another in effective and productive ways.
- Motivational Incentives: This provides patients with external and tangible rewards, like cash prizes, gift certificates, less chores. These are given to those patients that maintain sobriety, attend their meetings, reach personal goals and keep their house chores sustained and livable.
Types of Treatment Therapies
There are a variety of traditional and alternative therapies that are used during and after treatment, which address the wide variety of individual issues pertaining to drug and alcohol abuse and addiction.
- SMART Recovery is a community based program that’s an alternative to traditional 12-step programs. It is based on four points of recovery: coping with cravings, living a balanced lifestyle, managing your thoughts and emotions, and maintaining motivation.
- 12-Step Programs offer a sort of sponsorship, which will ensure that client’s new to recovery have someone available at all times to guide them through difficult periods. It also offers a high level of personal accountability and will enable those in various stages of recovery to receive and offer support from peers and share resources.
- Art and Music Therapy is a great way to offer a creative endeavor for patients to sync experiences and emotions through productive tactics, like performing stage plays and song lyrics. This is often fun and will help relieve stress.
- Biofeedback is a stress management program that will teach patients to use deep breathing, progressive relaxation and other healthy techniques to train the body’s involuntary responses to stress, including high blood pressure and muscle tension.
- Moral Therapy will lead patients to identify their actual purpose in life, increase self-efficacy, and bring out a broader awareness to achieve a level of moral reasoning that will consider the greater good of both the person and society as a whole in all decisions.
Call (502) 252-6333 and get help today!